Very good day! Saw multiple bedding sites around the pond, the CNBG are definitely in the mood for romance. In fact, they are so naive that they swarm around the dock when we walk out on it.

Now have four working feeders. All pellets eaten quickly, within about 5 minutes. May have to increase feeding once I get more feed, now about 1 pound (12 seconds of Optimal) per day per feeder.

We saw one BIG (well, for a 10 month old) LMB, a good 15-16 inches and very well fed. Appeared to be sizing up dinner near the dock, there are a ton of CNBG there. Also we saw a couple of tilapia, though they weren't actively feeding.

Fertilized 50 pounds in the pond, the first time we've done this. Last year the pH & alkalinity were too low for a bloom, but this year is better.

Saw great blue heron and some cormorants. Unfortunately, the word is getting out about the fish. The GBH doesn't bother me much, but the cormorants are another matter. May have to get a license to discourage them from eating all the fish. We'll see.

Beautiful evening among the pines, wife & I listened to the frogs & occasional splash of a fish. When we left we saw two deer, a doe and nearly fully grown fawn.

We aren't there yet, but I'm thankful at how far we've come!

Last edited by anthropic; 04/16/17 11:49 PM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160