Originally Posted By: snrub
Welding grab hooks on a loader bucket I find invaluable for moving stuff.

If I need to move a log with my bucket on, simply slip each end of a chain around two places near the middle of the log, the two loops approximately the width of the loader bucket hooks apart. Then tip the bottom of the bucket at a 45 degree angle and move the tractor up against the log with the cutting edge at ground level under the log. Pull the slack up and hook the chain onto the two grab hooks welded onto the bucket. Roll bucket back and log rests against the two side plates supported by the two chain halves. Very easy to move a large log or corner post.

The hooks are also handy for pulling T posts and any other lifting. But this is NOT an approved application so I do not recommend doing it. We have at least a dozen loader buckets around the farm on various tractors and loaders. They all have these hooks welded to the buckets right above the quick disconnect as pictured. The one that does not have any welded has large factory loops in that position. The grab hooks work a lot better because you can easily adjust chain length.

First picture shows hook on loader bucket. Next two pictures show grab hooks welded to my fork lift frame. The chain hooks are handy when using the forks with something bulky that might fall off the forks while transporting.

Looks good......I have been meaning to do that.