A few little things I do to my small tractor to make it more handy. Some of these add-on's would not be approved by the manufacturer and I am not recommending anyone do them. Use my ideas at your own risk. I'll put them in separate posts so the pictures will be easier to follow the explanation.

First is a hitch I added to my box blade. Since my box blade hangs on the back of the tractor most any time I am not using another implement, the drawbar was not accessible for the occasional trailer I needed to move. This solved the problem. I find I use the hitch to put my boat trailer into the water, my wood hauling two wheel trailer, and my log splitter. I also have three different trailers that need to be moved to mow, and this makes it where I can move them without even getting off the tractor. I usually don't even need to mess with the jack on the trailers, as I just lower the box blade, back up, raise it up under the hitch, then latch the latch without having to jack anything. I don't latch the latch if I am just moving a trailer a few feet to mow.

I welded a long receiver tube so I can put different type hitches as needed, but the drop hitch pictured is what I use most of the time. I can easily take the hitch out of the way if I want to do some serious dirt pushing. The 3/8 grab hook welded to the tube is very handy when I use a chain to pull brush away from a tree or some other job involving a chain.

Attached Images
IMGA2110.JPG IMGA2109.JPG IMGA2126.JPG IMGA2127.JPG
Last edited by snrub; 04/08/17 12:20 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine