For me this is easy. I subscribe because of the information I receive both in print and from the PB app on my Ipad. I am not a fanatic. I am not an expert, I am not a newby. I am just a guy trying to add to my small piece of the puzzle. I feel the need to give back to nature. I have flown over every ocean and at least five continents more times than I can count. I have seen it all. So when I get back to the farm and see a wonderful sunrise or sunset where the colors are spectacular and I can see the angles dance, I have to stop and and thank the Lord for the gift of our farm and ponds. Stewardship is not a right, it is a privilege. And anything that helps me to be a better steward is good.

The friends I have met here are priceless as well. I have hosted several groups at our pond because I love to share. If someone learns form me, that is great. If I learn from them, that is great also. But for me, seeing those friends is the reason for the gathering. We have hosted the Wounded Warriors several times and look forward to doing it again. I set them up for success by tossing in several fin clipped bluegill every time I go out for a few weeks before the event, the guys who have never fished light up when they hook on to a four to eight pound bass and the game is on!

We have also had three PB meet ups at our farm, they have been some of the most fun. I have learned that it is about meeting the people and putting faces to names for most. I still have my projects ready to demonstrate, but most are not there for that reason. There has not been an event where someone asks if I have read a certain article from PB magazine. There was something in it I had missed, and that something made my ponds better.

So, why do I subscribe, I feel the need to improve, to share, and to learn, and I love the people that feel the same way. I have more finger than real friends, but half of them are friends because of PB.

The funny thing is I don't always read the magazine the month it comes out. Living at 500 miles an hour is time consuming, but one of the simple pleasures I have is sitting down and reading PB magazine when I finally get the chance to slowdown and see the sunrise or set at our farm. I then know I am home and at peace.

Bob, if you want to improve PB magazine, have a few more stories about failure and the process it takes to repair the damage. Oh, and I most likely owe you another installment from our pond. It is still getting better after the freefish guy's damage. Boy is this a long process or what. And the new brood ponds are coming along. I hope to fill the first one this month or next at the latest.

I love this place.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%