I wonder how many visit the forum, ask a question or two, then disappear? How many visit, never ask a question, but avail themselves of the HUGE library of info archived here? In my opinion there are few new questions, but many that have been answered before and will turn up with a little digging. I think it's probably a whole lot easier to get the fanatics on board than it is the new pond owners.

Bob's asking "how do you know what you don't know?" Good question. I wonder how many folks are tending to their ponds, unaware that they don't know. I'm guessing a large percentage. But it begs to ask, if you don't know what you don't know, are you really worse off? If everything is running in a manner that they are happy with, should they consider their lack of knowledge a debilitation? How's that old saying go...."you can't miss what you never had", or something to that effect.

If that segment is the targeted audience for new subscriptions, it may be a hard sell. The pondowners that fit into that category are the ones needing an answer AFTER the fact, not before. Sure, if they had set about expanding their knowledge base BEFORE whatever it was happened, they might've saved a whole lot of stress and/or $$$. And, after having seen what can happen, they might be open to the idea of spending some bucks on a subscription.

But there are thousands of non-fanatic, existing pondowners out there, blissfully unaware of their ignorance where water is concerned. And they're happy. They don't KNOW they have any reason for concern. Getting them to acknowledge their lack of knowledge, will be tough to accomplish. Especially if they only have a question or two, and the forum membership does what it does best....provide the answers, free of charge.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.