Big day. Got my dock installed by the intrepid Overton team! Quite an undertaking, my wife and I got to watch. Thanks, guys.

Walt Overton noted that, unlike last year, the water has a greenish tinge. pH 6.5, hardness & alkalinity in the 40s, all decent though not great. Last year pH consistently around 5.5.

Anyway, should be able to fertilize in a couple of weeks of warm weather. I hope we can place some artificial & natural habitat in the lake by that time, but it depends on how many helpers I can recruit.

Pleasantly surprised to discover that my forage pond is about 80 percent full. Unlike the main BOW, it has no constant source of water, just the rain. Never been limed, so pH is only 6.0. Walt suggested I put some lime in it before stocking CNBG. Right now it is a frog & tadpole haven.

Next step: Pond King Pro boat. The stability (I have very active grandkids) was a big selling point, as is the fact it can be left out in the weather without harm. Hope they deliver soon!

PS I'm feeding two seconds a day, but haven't seen any takers yet. Hopefully that will change soon with warmer weather.

Last edited by anthropic; 03/15/17 08:34 PM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160