My 3038E does not have it, but new year models arriving when I bought it did. This caused me to go ahead and trade in my JD2520 (26hp), which was a great little tractor, before I was really thinking about trading. I had wanted a little larger tractor but in no way "needed" one. But the emmissions caused me to go ahead and trade. That and the fact that the dealer had carry over models he had not sold while new year models were coming in so he gave me what I thought was a very good trade in value.

About the same story on my 5083E but no trade. New models showing up had emmissions and dealer wanted to move inventory. I had wanted "my own" tractor of that size for a while so the emmissions caused me to go ahead and bite the bullet.

We have a number of utility tractors for the farm that have loaders that we use for jobs like mowing road ditches and running large grain augers, etc. But "my" tractor always seemed to be off on some other farm on an auger or mower or doing something so it was never home when I wanted it. So I splurged and bought one that is off limits to the rest of the farm unless it is a dire emergency. No one sets foot in it other than me or sometimes my grandson.

For me, owning these two completely unjustifiable farm purchases is my equivelant of someone owning a bass boat or airplane. They are my toys that I enjoy. Complete wasted money, but well worth it.

I think you will find most if not all new models will be emissions equipped. For a while mfgs got around it by stock piling engines. It was the engine mfg date, not the tractor mfg date that mattered. I do not know for a fact, but as I recall all I saw at farm shows had the filter emmissions equipment. The alternative is DEF, and as far as I know no one uses that method on the smaller engines and it has its own set of issues. We have avoided the DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) engines to date also.

Last edited by snrub; 02/21/17 11:14 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine