Originally Posted By: RAH
Nothing to be offended about. Most folks are proud to have older deer around. I often thought some of my smaller deer were older, but I now have watched quite a few grow over the years. Without a proper aging, we both are guessing though. Folks say my place is too small to influence the herd much, but I think most folks base that on acres rather than the percent of the habitat that resides on those acres. Most (but not all) land around me is in field crops. Some neighbors are on board with trophy hunting, but others call themselves meat hunters. When they intentionally shoot small bucks rather than does to fill their freezers, I call them poor hunters. We have have a lot of does. That said, I continue to shoot some buttons that I thought were does, so I need to keep learning. I do love deer hunting!
Opps! I ment to respond to Dono comments, sorry Rah. Dono those old bucks will crawl and everything else to avoid us. Those old ones are wise and hard to come by. I wish he would have had his antlers for your sons reward

Last edited by TGW1; 02/18/17 11:56 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy