Soooo.... went back out today and Che ked on things. Plenty of open water around the aeration system, but couldn't see any fish. Deepest place I could find was 26" from the top of the ice to the mud. Did some fishing and walking around, at the inlet with the snow melting some water was coming in and spotted dead yoy lmb and white crappie. Maybe 20 and all above the current water/ice level.

Back at the holes I lost a lot of minnows ! I iced one 13" rbt that was very healthy and a 12" lmb that was thin. And had a fair amount of small hits.

So much for this pond being 5' deep and a lmb only pond. They owned up to stocking trout last year but thought they were dead.

It is amazing that these fish lived though only 6" of water under the ice, and now about 10" of water under the ice. Before the system was in all the water was a little milky but now it is clear every where! This has been an interesting project, and we are glad we did get the system in as soon as we could. All fish matter (in this lake)

Last edited by fishm_n; 02/14/17 10:20 PM.

Water is the basis of all life, by design!