Originally Posted By: canyoncreek

MT, what part of pond did you see most of the ribbons, N, NW, S, SW, etc?

Mostly the Northern half of the pond...East/West doesn't seem to matter.

Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
Also, what was the forage base that produced the monster LMB? From your story it seemed that the perch went in later and were not the backbone of the forage that the LMB were doing so well on? If they were dining on perch, wouldn't the remaining bass be doing equally well now as there are still plenty of perch of all year classes in there?

We stock Fathead minnows once a year or so, but only if I don't see any swimming around the edges. Other than that, it was only YP and LMB. The company I used to work for did the management here, including stocking...I'd have to look at my records, but the initial stocking was probably only 25 or so LMB...back in 2008. Along with probably 250 YP at the same time.

No other gamefish stocking has been done beyond the initial stocking. I haven't seen anything except YP now in two full seasons...and I looked really hard for any signs of LMB during both summers. I assume there are none left, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some at some point again.

Last edited by mthompson; 01/25/17 12:44 PM.

Best regards,

MT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Save me, O God! For the waters have come up to my neck. - Psalm 69:1