Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
If you have a bentonite layer, and full of water to add the hydraulic pressure pushing water down into any potential leaking area, that in my opinion would be a more ideal time to add the polymer. It would then have suspended particles and bentonite to bond to as it traveled down and into the areas of water leak...

That's on the ToDo possibly list, certainly. While the water remains cloudy, identifying any leakage points is (or appears to be) almost impossible. I wondered if some harmless dye could be dribbled around in places, on a calm day, so as to observe the direction of any water movement.

After yesterday's efforts of firing bentonite along the water level margins, from the boat, the leakage was less, overnight. Of course, we have no way of knowing where or how that leakage was stemmed.

I likely mentioned earlier that we have a 4-stage anaerobic / aerobic digester for all waste water generated here. The supernatant is irregularly pumped into the pond, depending on the tank inflow volumes. The supernatant has quite a high level of very fine suspended vegetative solids. From past experience, that acts as a leak sealer.

The end of the outflow pipe into the pond has a small float on it. There's also a string line attached at that point, and to a tree on the pond edge. By moving the pondside attachment point of the string line, I can direct that vegetative-solids-imbued supernanant outflow to differing areas of the pond.