Bill, I put out 20 oz per treatment, which is right at .5 ppm. That's the lowest recommended effective dose for Aquashade.

I apply the dye on the windward side of the pond, or by pouring it in during water additions, and let the hose discharge circulate the dye. The pond is dark blue when added, but changes to green within a few days. Again, I'm thinking it's the iron ore in the pond since the normal water color is a dark tea color.

This pond also has a large watershed which makes application longevity problematic. Several times a year, dye is added due to natural flushing of the pond. This year we're raising CNBG again, so little will need to be done with this pond water level wise. I'll try to get duration numbers this spring after all the rains are over.

EDIT BY ME: One more thing I would like to add is that previous attempts to control coontail didn't work when that coontail had grown to several inches below the surface. I'm not sure if it was the previous dyes I was using, or the coontail's ability to get unfiltered sunlight, but for whatever reason, dye didn't work. Dye doesn't bother my water primrose, so my assumption is it was the sunlight.

Last edited by FireIsHot; 01/04/17 12:44 PM. Reason: ADHD

AL