In my pond, which is now a little over two years old, I have fertilized the pond in the spring at or about April 1st. It was recommended to meet my goals. It has taken around 5 lbs of powered fertilizer to get the bloom going to where I am at 24" of green water. By April first the pond is full of new cnbg, fhm's and this year I should have an lmb spawn by that time. May also have some res in the spawning mix, with Tfs and Tp soon to follow. So, I my situation this past two years I have had many blooms through the hot summer months and that has reduced my visibility down to 13" of green water. We have also seen a drought from July to November with little to no rain, reducing the water volume in the pond. We also feed the cnbg. Ok, now the question. In this situation can I add dye to reduce the blooms but keep the plankton at a good level while reducing the number of blooms but still keep enough plankton to feed the new spawns. And would adding the dye during the blooms cause a dye off and the reduce the DO that might cause a fish kill. And we have air through diffusers. So, will adding a small amount of dye reduce the number of blooms or reduce the plankton to a controllable number and keep the green water to a 18 to 24" visibility number?

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy