I acknowledge up front that many say it cannot be done, but some are trying (http://www.cosia.ca/nikanotee-fen). A fen is a basic-pH bog-like wetland fed by groundwater, often rich in calcium and iron, with a stable water level. I have the water source feeding my small artesian pond. My next project is to use the pond overflow to feed an experimental fen-creation experiment. I have access to free wood chips so they will replace the normal peat base. The marl layer should form over time from the calcium-rich water. I am also looking into sourcing some pitcher plant seed collected from plants growing under alkaline conditions. I plan to stockpile the sandy loam topsoil, use the underlying clay to core the downstream end, and refill with wood chips, and then add wood-chip/sandy loam mix to the top. The plan is to vary the elevations to create conditions for a variety of flora and fauna. Since most say it will not be possible to create a fen, my expectations are low, while my hopes are high. Any help from experts, or hobbyists like me, are appreciated.