Alright so an update I guess. I have documented more RW's over the last few months and have continued to see them well over 100 average is closer to 115 and several higher. Overall goal for the pond will be growing big bass. I have done a winter drawdown and lowered the level by about 3 feet. What made me decide to go ahead and do this was in 2015 the pond was 50% covered in FA and loaded with vegetation to the point where it was almost impossible to fish. That fall was extremely dry and the pond dropped several feet. Fast forward to this year and it has been FA free for the most part but I still had some vegetation 3 - 4 feet out from the edge. Lowering the water level has exposed about 80% of this that hopefully dies off over winter. The drain pipe was also raised about a foot as well. I am hoping that since the pond is BG heavy this will get them out of cover and the bass can get them somewhat under control. I will also be adding some homemade structure at this time. I happened upon quite a bit of random sizes of PVC and will probably stick them in the ground straight up imitating stumps, this should hopefully be pretty snag proof. The bass seem to top out at about 5 lbs so I will try and introduce new genetics by stocking some more this spring, I figure it can't hurt since it was last stocked 40 years ago!

Last edited by Slurp; 12/12/16 11:51 PM.