Originally Posted By: smokey
I have a similar problem with my LSL LMB but just the opposite. My pond is 2 acres with an 8 feet average depth. I had a lot of turbidity (18 inches) the first part of the year and then the water cleared up to where now I have about 3.5 to 4 feet of visibility. I have a ton of CNBG in all size ranges and I started out stocking only 100 bass. The relative weight on the bass I caught last week (3) was 73% RW. I can see the bass feeding along the shoreline so what do you recommend to increase the RW of the bass? They have enough to eat so I am assuming that the water is not correct.

Smokey, I am no expert and I have asked a lot of questions here over the past two years and I have been raising some of the LSL lmb. I think you directed your question to Charlie but if you don't mind I will add my experience and maybe it might help. About half of my lmb are in the 150% rw and the other half are in the norm wt range. One thing I noticed is the mouth size on my lmb is not large and so I would look for 2 to 3" bg to feed them. My lmb are in the 13 to 15" size. If your lmb are undersized, it is because of lack of food for them. I would increase the bg population by introducing 4" and larger bg to the pond, looking for a bg spawn to help feed your lmb. My pond visibility is now in the 17" range and has been to the 14" range but with green water and not so much suspended clay but when it comes to lmb feeding I would think visibility is visibility, whether it is clay of heavy plankton growth. green water is what u want, and if your visibility is now 3 to 4 ' I would think you might want to consider getting a bloom started. Being in Texas, u still have some time left for a bloom. My bloom will last till Jan or later. Another suggestion would be to get some of the Tilapia now from Todd Overton, he is having a sale on them as we speak. Sorry for hijacking Charlie

Last edited by TGW1; 10/13/16 10:08 AM. Reason: add to

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy