Today a walked across the middle of my 1/2 acre pond. No I'm not the 2nd coming. The water has been resceding all summer. It's our 2nd summer with the property an this is the lowest the old pond has been. There's a ridge that runs down the middle and the water was only about 10" deep. On one side of the ridge there's a bowl about 4' deep right now and all of our bigger fish are there. On the other side most of it is 12" deep with a few spots 2-3' deep. This is a weekend home for us, but.this was a really sad sight to see. I need to figure out why we're losing water and what needs to be done to fix it. The pond is 40 hrs old and I don't think it's been cleaned out since. There are two tree stumps out on that ridge about 30" in diameter so they've been there a while. Hadn't seen them before. We've got a ton of trees in and around the pond. 30-40 yr old pines growing on our dam. I need to figure out the best and most affordable way to fix the water retention issue. Our property is near Cleveland Tx, does anyone have someone they can reccomend in our area? I'll try to attach some pictures.

Last edited by L's Pond; 10/08/16 08:47 PM.