This is the one I used earlier this year and the perch would swim in and lay eggs. Obviously they can swim in and out freely as I didn't catch the perch, only the eggs after leaving it out overnight.

I think these are very handy in how they collapse and easy to store. They have very cheap zippers both on the top where the bait goes in a little mesh pouch, and on the zipper on the bottom where you can open it to get fish out. I ended up zip tying both openings shut when zippers failed and add bait to the top sack in between the zip ties, and when removing fish shake them out one of the side holes or put my hand in the side hole.

The openings are mesh chutes and all the chutes are wired together to keep them suspended towards the middle and up in the air. I tried cutting the string to let all of them collapse down towards the bottom of the trap and that seemed to help. However, with no string to keep them in the trap, the process of throwing them out or pulling it in causes the water to turn the mesh flaps inside out and then they are sticking out of the trap. I think adding some split shot weight to the flaps to keep them down inside and weighted down a bit (at least adding it to the bottom most flap and letting the top part of the flap float a bit) might be the next thing to try.

This is what I mean by a igloo shape trap.

green mesh 'igloo'