We had absolutely no rain for the first 11 days in August, and very little rain in July. My pond went from full pool the end of May to around 50 vertical inches low on August 11th. I was mowing grass growing in bluegill bed depressions.....

We received about 3/4" rain on the 13th, then on the 15th, from 11 am until 5 pm we had roughly another inch. From 5 pm until 11 pm we received 7 5/8" or rain, and from 11 pm until 6 am on the 16th, we received another 3/4" or so. In a span of 12 hours we had 8 3/4" of rain, and a total of 9 5/8" of rain in about 18 hours. My pond was going out the overflow on the morning of the August 17th.

Since then the pond has bounced up and down a few inches, but we seem to keep getting rain in 1/2" to 1" increments, and those rains come all at once.

The mosquitos have returned like it is the first warm week in the Spring too. mad

Some people near here had more rain than I did, and many people had flood waters where it never flooded before. I still am finding things that got wet and have to be thrown out.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).