I know a guy in Montrose that has Lion dogs............ He's an outfitter too, or I should say his Dad has/had an outfitters license, but that isn't his main job. I know when I was there, one guy in the group had a lion tag, (he's a local sheriff/deputy there) and he ended up taking one after a long chase. The previous day the dogs pushed one off of an elk that it was in the process of trying to kill. The dogs bayed the bloody and wounded Cow Elk instead of staying with the Lion. The dog handler wasn't happy, but I talked to him about it and I think he realized that since that was the first time the dogs had been exposed to something that had fresh blood on it, that is the reason why they stayed and didn't follow the lion.

That year, a female lion was in heat, and there were 7 toms in the area all because of her. One was a HUGE tom, and he was smart. The handler said the same Tom "rocked" his dogs twice (went down a cliff that the dogs couldn't get down).

If you want, I can dig up Jared's number for you or Marks number, who is the sheriff/deputy.

Last edited by esshup; 08/21/16 11:35 AM.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).