Snrub, your right I do need to get several minnow traps going. I have set one from time to time and catch mostly FHM,shiners and crayfish. Only caught a few GSF, but I think I need to get the trap out a little bit deeper. I baited one with an 8" shiner Id found dead just for the heck of it and when I pulled it up the next day he was completely stripped to bones by crayfish! I couldn't figure out how they did it right through the cage, but when I pulled up the trap there were several clamped to it. No problems with my crayfish numbers as they seem to be really thriving.

On the RES I think other fish biting so quickly is a big part of it, but I can't believe we haven't caught or seen at least one. I guess time will tell.

Bill I don't mind waiting on HSB. I thought my initial stocking was a little low at 16 in 3 1/2 ac. My total stocking for SMB was 50 initially in fall of 2014 and 100 in 2015. Id rather be conservative going forward and keep plenty of food in the pond so I'll take your advice and wait until I see the need for more predators.

How soon should I be looking to harvest SMB in order to keep my numbers under control? I was thinking of taking some of the 2015 batch or some of the newly spawned 2016 out this fall? I really want to stay ahead of them if I can...