Nice toy RC!!

MI was getting very dry and the forecast as of last night, no rain today. Low and behold we woke up to rumbling thunder and have had such a nice light rain all morning and now at noon another round of light thunder and nice rain. I hope it isn't just spotty here in W MI as the whole state really needs it. But to see how rain is provided when and where it is meant to be and the forecasters can do nothing about it and certainly had zero chance of rain today still comforts me that Power in nature still has the reins firmly in hand...

Took the seine nets out. Unless the bottom in the shallows is graded smooth as a road the goldfish either make a run under the net and pile through or make a hop over the floats and get out that.

They are really taking to the Optimal feed. They throw caution to the wind now. Whether I'm standing right there or not, they are gobbling food as fast as they can. The water is clear now and it is cool to see 2 goldfish have an unusual black and white pattern. I figure all is not lost if the goldfish stay in the pond, they are setting a strong example to my perch and RES to come and get it every time they create a ruckus on the feeding end of the pond.

Interesting that there is a second 'school' of goldfish that stay on the other end of the pond and will have nothing to do with the feeding end. If I walk all the way around they will ignore the food until I walk away and they they will carefully eat it. It as if they are in a different societal class than the main group and have to stay to the back of the line and on the other end of the pond smile

Working on trying to get my dad-in law's, dad's old Evinrude Fisherman model 5hp to run right, mostly to idle right. Thinking the carb needs cleaning as I can't get the fuel mixture right. Been doing very small circles in the pond trying to test it out.

I need to stop in the middle this week and pull up the aerators and clean off the heads again. Forgot to do that this spring and usually they have a sticky clay on them.

Also hope after this all day rain to have 'high water' and then can wait for a windless day to retreat my soilfloc.

I can't believe how there is this tight skin on the bottom due to the soilfloc. I do wonder if that is why I still have zero vegetation. I have clear water, plenty of sun but no weeds. Maybe seeds have a hard time seeding in the hard pan top layer? Or maybe the goldfish and crays are nipping everything off early?

I didn't put tilapia in this year and seeing just a hint of FA on the south side of the pond.

Seeing lots of schools of tiny minnows, despite my efforts to remove MOST of the perch egg ribbons...

Loretta, did you get any ribbons or perch this spring? I know you have tried hard for years....

My family is coming over for what we call Family Night on Thursday. I'll likely have 30 kids ringing my tiny pond with zebcos. I think I'm going to offer $2 per goldfish caught....