Ask Sprkplug. Fish get conditioned to eating a certain sized/shaped pellet and when presented with something different don't realize that it is "food". After a few tentative pecks, they realize that a change has come into their lives. When I first started feeding Optimal last year, the fish didn't start eating for about 5 days.

His fish were so conditioned to eating Aquamax 500 that they wouldn't eat Aquamax 600. Yes, that small of a change.

I'm doing a trial of HSB food that is 5.5mm. It is labeled as "sinking" but when first tossed in the pond, it floats. As it slowly absorbs water, it slowly sinks. After about a minute it is all sunk, but from what I can see, nothing sinks more than about 18" before it is eaten.

When my dogs are all puppies, I feed them a bunch of different things. Lots of different raw veggies, and different sizes/shapes of treats. They get conditioned to eat whatever I toss to them, and that seems to translate to their food bowl. I have yet to have a picky eater, and I can switch flavors of dog food 100% overnight and they don't care. I have fed Purina ProPlan since the late 1980's and never have had a problem.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).