I have a pond thats nearly a little over an acre. The average deph is 10' with the deepest being 13ft. It is Spring fed from 3 diff locations and the pond holds 1,200,000 gallons. I have about 110 rainbow trout stocked in this pond. Here is the problem.

I have 2 kasco aerators running 24 hours now as i did the gradual startup even though its a new pond just to be safe. Initially the diffusers were at the deepest point 13ft and 10ft.
SOMEHOW they have moved to 12' and 6'.

Anyways i took the surface temp today and it read 80 deg. I put an orvis thermometer on a line and cast it into the deepest part and when i retrieved it after 10 minutes it read 78 degrees cry then i put a float on the line and cast it out at the 8ft mark and read the same. I did have one floater last week and one this week. If those temps are correct how are these trout even living or is my thermometer messed up? I guess what i need to ask is am i running the aerators to much that its mixing to much warm surface water? Should i just aerate at night? And also should i put the aerators back to their original positions at 13' and 10' ? At this point i fully expect to loose all these trout Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Bob-in-PA; 06/28/16 03:10 PM.