We are now in a moderate drought, and amazingly enough the pond level is holding up pretty well this year. I did not get a chance to Polymer seal it thanks to a Disney vacation my family wanted, so I am pleased the leaks are slowing so I don't have to look at my wife with the angry eyes.

The problem I am having now is we have had nothing to muddy the water, so it has been very clear all spring. This means the sun is beating down all the way to the bottom. This in turn makes the plants grow so I have some pretty thick chara in places, but the worst part is all of the fall debris on the bottom is now lifting to the surface where there isn't chara. It looks (and tastes) nasty.

All of the skimming I am doing just seems to make room for more to come up.

So I am looking at putting dye in the pond to cut down on this crap, but I don't like the blue dye appearance. I am interested in black, or a more natural dark brown to look like tannin. Where can I get these colors? I haven't subscribed in a bit, so I am assuming an advertiser has them, and can it be delivered to NY?

Thanks
-Mark