It has been awhile but here is an update you might enjoy.....

I got a large weighted snag hook with the intent to snag one of the big GC that I want to remove. I went to the pond around feeder set time, I arrived 30 mins early and got bored. I tossed in a live bait to see if I could get lucky waiting. I soon had a nice snook on and it popped my 12 pond mono. I tried another live bait...BOOM, hooked up and a leaping display reveled a nice fat looking snook at the end of my line. I thought sweet......It then bulldogged me and the snook prevailed even with a lose drag, they are just so fast when they hit the gas it breaks things...... I again hooked up and quickly popped the 12 pond test with drag screaming....That makes three.......

Finally the 4th fish seems to be staying on as it rules me for awhile.... It actually dove down and got hung up in what turned out to be one of the Xmas trees I had put in awhile back.......Stuck it was.......I then emptied my pockets and went for a swim to free it. Once back on shore soaking wet I finished the fight and netted it,Called a nearby friend to take a photo as I figured It would be nice to have some proof...

bad part is three snook have hooks in them and the one I landed was hooked in its right eyeball.....at least Ill know if I land it again...Ill call it ole one eye....

I never did see the GC once the feeder went off 30 mins after I arrived and all this commotion took place...

clearly I need to up grade my pound test....

Last edited by BobbyRice; 06/09/16 07:46 PM.

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia