Well I can tell you this. It varies... My original HSB I put in my 1 acre pond in 2012 sometimes show up at the feeder but most times don't anymore.... I cant catch my bigger ones on lures anymore either I have way to much food in my pond for them to try and chase a lure down. Remember as these HSB get bigger they will eat smaller fish and BG I've seen it first hand. My first 25 I put in my pond were feed trained and I've caught a few now on baby BG and shiners.

Throw a 2 inch BG or 3 inch shiner out there on a hook with a bobber about 2 feet above it and see what happens. You may be in for a fun fight!

Ok fast forward to now! I just put another 25 HsB in my 1 acre pond about a month ago. They are feeding on everything!! Fish food, small spinner baits, meps, you name it they are eating it. My big ones are not to be found.... Then all of a sudden fishing for BG I landed into one with a piece of food... WOW!! I had a 4 foot rod and 6lbs line and had it for about 45 seconds and it just snapped my line! Up till then I would have swore something happened to mine also...

I can almost guarantee they are there they are just getting a bit more smarter and picky as to what they eat!!

RC

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!