I have a 10 acre lake that filled in March 2015. Stocked 7000 CNBG, 14,000 FHM, and 700 CC in April 2015. All stockers were 1" - 3" long. Added 700 LMB in June 2015. Now, May 2016, we are catching 10" - 18" CC, 4" - 6" CNBG, and 8" - 12" LMB. I'm a bit dissapointed in the growth rate of the LMB, but fine with the CC and CNBG. I feed about 50 lbs/wk of floating catfish pellets.

Water is 18' at the deepest point, with 4 acres that ranges from 2' - 6' deep. The shallow portion has lots of stumps, and brush. The deep end also has 150 or so tree stumps and root balls that were dug up with a track how and arranged in rows. The root balls/stumps are in 6' - 12' of water and are 4' - 6' across the root balls. They are laying on their side to maximize the cover benefit.

The old creek channel runs the length of the lake (about 400 yards) and ranges from 4' - 8' in depth. It is full of logs and brush tops.

There is also a pit like hole 40' x 150' in the deep end that I put several big cedar trees in. The depth of this pit ranges from 8' - 15'.

I don't think I can fertilize because of the amount of water coming into and out of the lake. It all goes downstream too fast. My siphon pipe runs all the time, and the water has been 2' deep over my 40' wide emergency spillway 5 times since the lake filled up in March 2015.

My question is, am I on target? I would like to see CC and LMB in the 5 to 10 lb range. Don't really care about the CNBG except as food supply. Of course the kids have fun catching them.

Also, I saw hundreds and hundreds of CNBG spawning beds last summer. Do you think the LMB might also have spawned last year? We have caught several CC that were full of eggs this spring.

Just an old guy who likes to fish.