Originally Posted By: Flame
In my opinion and as a real estate company owner for 20 years, there is no way you are going to up an appraised value 40-60 thousand dollars by digging a 4 acre hole and filling it with water and fish. If you are digging the pond for an investment you will probably lose money.

Flame obviously with your experience you are the expert, but even as a novice I find that hard to believe...or maybe it is just semantics? Or exceptions to every rule type of thing? Maybe I am equating appraised value vs market value? For example my property if it was just a cabin sitting on an acre of pasture with a few trees I don't believe the market value of the property would be nearly as much as it is now surrounded by a beautiful landscaped 4 acre stocked pond with trees at waters edge. The setting with the pond, trees, landscape creates a completely different vision when a potential buyer drives up. Isn't real estate many times not about selling a house/property and more about selling "a dream"...a falling in love dream?

Fishing has never been about the fish....