Interesting chart Eric.

There is one black dot in southern Illinois that is about my same latitude. But like you pointed out, it might only be 10% and no indication how they are actually doing, whatever the amount of Florida genetics.

I have my 1/10th acre sediment pond I could try them in as all it currently has is CNBG, RES and FHM. Eventually it will get LMB in it when I have a spawn and a large enough rain event the fingerlings can swim upstream into it from my main pond. But so far I've had no indication of LMB in it (I have been fishing it a lot transferring CNBG from it to my main pond).

I would not mind trying 25 of the Lone Star Legacy bass in it (catch most out as they get bigger and transfer to the main 3 acre pond).

But I have no easy way of getting them here. I could make a road trip to Texas but I suspect it is illegal for me to transport them to Kansas myself. And I know of no other way of getting them here that does not involve large sums of money I don't care to spend. But I would like to try them, just to see how they do.

Last edited by snrub; 05/19/16 12:31 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine