Originally Posted By: esshup
Originally Posted By: Bill D.
I still have 50#s of my current multi-size pellet feed. I only supplemental hand feed so 50#s will last me a good while. My understanding is Optimal is coming out with a feed that has multiple size pellets as well. FWIW, if they do market a multi-size product, I will be giving it a try. I'm a big fan of multi-size products as they feed all size classes of lots of different species and the Optima chow is being advertised as healthier for the fish in the long term. My reasoning is, if Optimal can provide the same or better growth rate than is provided by current feeds on the market and increase the fish life span, then, at the end of the day, you have the potential to raise even larger fish than folks are achieving now.

Bill, where have you been hiding? The Optimal multiple sized pellets in one bag Sunfish food have been out since last Fall. wink

Bill, page 3 has pictures of the different sized pellets in one bag. Check the date of the post.
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=423360&page=1

Dang! I remember that thread now. I am old and easily confused. smile Was there another Optimal feed coming out this spring? Maybe YP?

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!