Hello... My name is Cindy. My fiance and I recently bought a house in NC on some beautiful property that just happened to have a pond on it. When we moved in the pond was a mess. Algae, stench, and what I learned was watermeal(after much research) covered the pond. My fiance travels alot for work so I became the one in charge of cleanup! I read up on treating a pond and clarifying water this past summer, and this spring it is actually under control(so far)! We saw no activity of fish last year but many turtles. So I stocked the pond last summer and the majority of the fish died the first day. It was 100 degrees out and the water was low so I imagine that didn't help the situation. So early this spring I stocked the pond with some hybrid bluegill, lm bass, minnows and 2 grass carp. We're hoping that the carp will help us naturally keep the weeds under control rather than treating with so many chemicals. The bass, blue gill and minnows are plentiful BUT we haven't seen the carp since the day they were introduced to the pond. We're just hoping they are gorging themselves in the deeper waters rather than the shallower waters. Any thoughts on the subject? Would love to hear someone say they're swimming deep and probably not dead or eaten. Look forward to learning lots in this forum!