snrub, looks like you may have tried, like me, to figure lbs per acre by sight and swag.
Ewest has already opened my eyes to the lbs of fish per acre, in fact almost doubled what I believed was @ 300 lbs when feeding and fertilizing.
I started fertilization in my pond when it was just 1/3 full and every since then the water visibility has been @ or around 18" except early March when it would go to 31+" an then I would fertilize again.
So most 10 to 11 months of the yr it is 18" to 21". If memory serves me, I fertilized four times last year to maintain. What concerned me this yr is I am feeding a bit more due to numbers and size of the cnbg and others here have posted fertilization is not necessary when feeding, but with me, I find it is necessary or desired for optimum conditions. Another experience I had last year was the clarity went to 12" @ one time in the heat of the summer and I had to crank up the water well for dilution and I hope not to do that again this year, so I am asking more questions. My water seams to be stable when it comes to pH of an 8, alk 120, hardness 50ppm, it has been here for most all year. I could use some harder water.
Plans are to go a little slower this year and see, but again the feeding rates are up there.

Tracy

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy