Originally Posted By: Lovnlivin
Unknown to me anyway!

A friend's dad came out last Monday with some crawlers as he enjoys catching BG. He commented he caught 2 BCP casting into the bubbles of the deep diffuser (8-9' deep) so I rigged us both up a Panfish Assassin,

As long as we landed the lure in the middle of the bubbles, not to the side, front or back;

It was Crappie-on!

Last Monday - 35 in an hour and a half

Tuesday - by myself, 32 in an hour

Wednesday it rained so on Thursday - 12 with my son

I was in Iowa all weekend for a pool tournament so getting back at it yesterday (Monday) - by myself, 28

Along in the mix was this nice BG

And the biggest surprise also hanging around the diffuser was this HSB. And on 4 lb test, this guy took me for a great thrill ride!

So I guess as much as I've chastised the over 3300 BCP I've culled since April 2013 and realizing there's an endless supply, the HSB have thrived (caught a 6.5 lb'r last fall), the BG are bigger than I've expected and the LMB have all been over 100% WR, including this one caught tonight. 16.5", 3.02 lb at 127% WR.

I realize this balance will not last forever but I couldn't be happier and man have I gotten good at cleaning BCP! 107 caught in a week is 214 decent fillets! So if they're going to keep hanging around the diffuser, I'll keep stocking up and release to the grease!

Cool! Try smoking some.