I would think every region is different as far as delivery goes. Just depends what's up in your area.

FedEx, before 10:00 am on ground up in the sticks. USPS, normal mail, and they will drop a package off with a "beware of dog" sign. UPS is usually a day or so late from following tracking. Stuff seems to get hung up a bit getting here. Maybe they think it's not important for overnight delivery, but don't know.

Was at a customers, and a SSR (Solid State Relay) blew up that was outputting to a heater element on an extrusion machine. That thing roached so bad that it back fed 480VAC to the 24VDC control power and blew the controller up as well. Not gonna work being toasted.

Called our rep. and factory next day aired a new controller from PA -via- UPS. I drive 60 miles to meet this delivery, no show. WT? Called back and they found that one was taking the southern tour. They sent out another one, supposed to be here in the morning... Same thing! First one showed up a couple days later, which was RED Overnight, but two days late. Second one showed up the next day, which was also 2 days late.

Didn't need two, but our rep sent me a text saying he is scared as hell of sending this back -via- UPS, so hold it in your office and he will personally pick it up.

Sheesh!!!