JKB,

I have passed it by a couple of Indiana biologists I know, and they have no issues with it and even offered advice on what lakes were best when I was considering getting some red ears. The only concern they had was bringing in zebra mussel veligers into my pond if I took water from a lake with zebra mussels and the the pond overflowing into the watershed. However even if that were the case this particular pond has no overflow as I've got both overflows blocked. And once I seine out my fingerlings the pond will be drained and limed. It will also be treated heavily with PP once it fills before adding trout next spring.

The law here says as long as I have a fishing license and stay within the bag limit I'm O.K.

I would be perfectly happy taking them back to the lake after I'm done with them but that is illegal. I can't even relocate a snapping turtle from my pond if one shows up.

I know your state is very strict on a lot of things. Some of your laws seem way over the top but then that is not my call.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 04/27/16 05:38 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.