Here are some pics of some crappies I caught out of a nearby public lake.

Lucky me, that lake I caught them out of is within 5 minutes of the house. It was a blast catching them on the inside and outside perimeter of a ridge that came up to about 2 feet and has presently dead bullrush.

The thing I really like about this lake is it's electric motors only and there is virtually no development on the shoreline. I was the only angler on the lake for part of the short time I was there.

Pics could be better, but holding the fish with one hand and operating the camera with another is rather awkward for me.

And unlike a week ago when I put three in the pond, you can now tell the two sexes apart easily. I now have a total of 10 fish in the pond. The 1/10th acre pond has thousands of fathead minnows for forage. Hopefully as soon as I see crappie fry I will seine the brood fish out.

Here is a male: Notice the dark pigmentation.

Here is another male:

Here is a female that did not only not have any of the dark pigmentation, she also had a noticeable bulge in the abdomen.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 04/27/16 11:30 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.