What ewest is saying is pretty much what I was told by the Optimal feed guy Steve.

He as well told me the big difference and he could not tell me, is the propriety ingredients (trace) that make their feed different and better.

I think ewest is very right and we do need to rely to some degree on what is said here on PB and what research is released to try and make a reasonable decision on feed type,size, and digestibility, along with the general protein and fat assumptions we all have. IMHO

I liked the Aquamax product until the change and lack of access to the product, and have decided to, at least temporally, switch to the Optimal feed like several have here.

I have always wanted the very best feed for fastest growth and least waste in growing CNBG but have not felt I have the details, white papers, research, etc.. that make me think I "have the best product". I do feel since I have become a PB'er that I and most of us feed our fish way better than most.

I guess feed will continue to change and flexibility and an open mind will help until one of our bright scientific PB' mind(s) dedicates themselves to making the best product, and then a few general products that will sell enough to make a good living on. One can always dream, Right!

Life is more fun with a pole in your hand.