Yes, I'm new here, first post. I've been reading so please excuse me if I use wrong terms or long winded. I'm trying to educate myself.

Here's what I have. A small hilltop pond about 100x150ft about 6 feet deep. From all of my research (aerial photos) back into the 1940's this pond has never gone dry. Over the past 10 summers here in Oklahoma it's dropped about 2 feet. So my idea is to put in a second pond 150 feet down the property. The 2nd pond, if built would be about the same size as the first but about 15 feet deep. The thought is to take advantage of the run off from my first pond which currently just overflows onto my back 8 acres. So if I dig a trench, lay a pipe and cover it I can control that run off with the second pond. I'm thinking with very little water pumped after that in the hot summers I could always keep it full.
Also that run off from the 2nd pond would be diverted to my neighbor’s pond which is 8 acres. His pong is 65 feet downhill and he's having issues keeping it full. It was built back around the 30's for the oil field so it has no creek feeding it. Just property run off from his 80 acres and the surrounding 100 or so acres. The shame is that my run off just misses his pond because of an old platform area where my shop is. Back in the day it was a rig site.

Thought?? Good idea? Bad idea?