Spinnerbaits work well in fertilized water or stained water. stay away from them in very clear water unless its very windy. Buzz baits early or late.

when fishing in ponds I like to lighen up on my line, usually dont fish anything heavier than 8 pound test. as a general rule I usually do better on smaller lures.

If your pond is very small you may consider throwing your lure on the bank and pulling it into the water with little or no splashing. fish in small ponds can sometimes sense something is amiss when there is a lot of splashing.

I like plastic baits, worms and trick worms (by Zoom bait) as well as Super flukes. their darting action cant be beat. with spinning tackle you can learn to skip these floating baits under docks and overhanging debris. deadly under right conditions.

If you like plastic worms try fishing them with small weight like 1/16 of an ounce or no weight at all. I like swimming plastic lizards. you have got to slow down a great deal.

dont forget about the "old school players" the #1 Mepps spinner can be the hammer, many people dont fish them. they want the newest, greatest lure on the market. I've got one client that fishes nothing but a Pop-R. If it rains he fishes a Pop-R, snow = Pop-R, sunny & hot = Pop-R (you get the idea) He has two 9 pound bass and one 10 1/2 in 2 years. I know a lot of guys who would laugh at his technique but few who would laugh at those results.

Color can play a major factor just like salt water so buy different colors of the same lure.

When in doubt slow down, most guys fish too fast. work good cover well, give it a break and then go back to it. When all else fails use the old Jedi mind trick.

thats my take, hope this helps