Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Personally I want no part of letting armed strangers roam my land. Or anybody that I don't know very well.

Dave some guy called me a few weeks ago saying he hunts hogs with dogs on adjacent properties and was wondering if he is chasing hogs could he come over the fence into our property if he needed to?

I said "look I appreciate you calling to ask, but nobody is getting my gate-codes". He had an answer for that.
He said "oh I mean just when I am chasing a hog I would hop your fence, I'm not asking for and don't need your gate-code".

Then I said..."I really don't want people with guns shooting on my property and I have no idea who and when they are there". He had an answer for that too. He said "we don't use guns...we chase the hogs with dogs, then release a pit bull on to the hog to pin it down then I go in and tie it up because I need to take it alive".

The guy was nice and said all the right things...claimed to be a retired fireman, but I said I just was not comfortable giving anyone a green light to come on my property basically whenever they choose...and it just opens too big of a can of worms as far as liability and other issues.

I said if he had an emergency situation with his dogs he could always call me and ask for permission on a rare occasion. He was polite and said ok.

Hey sometimes we just have to draw the line...I hate to be non-welcoming to people, but sometimes ya almost feel like saying "hey go work your own ass off for years at the same job and buy your own damn land"...lol.

Fishing has never been about the fish....