Short version: I caught a big bass out my pond...

Long version:
Last year after we built our pond, it filled right up, We stocked bluegill, fat heads, Threadfin shad and rosey reds... I was planning on waiting till this spring to add some bass... well the storm of the century washed in some bullhead. I had a cloud of bullhead fry about 400-500 in a huge ball around the pond for a couple weeks...so instead of waiting to stock hatchling bass, I decided to throw in some bass from another pond...Only 5 to be exact...

Well within 5 days I no longer saw any bullhead fry... but I was worried these monsters would eat the pond out of house and home, so I went to a pond that had 1000's of shad and got a few hundred via cast net and added them in....

We had a shad fish kill during the colder temps about a month ago..looks like I lost about 50-100 of them..then we had the bulldozer getting stuck in the pond and really mudding it up...0 visibility..I was pretty sure the bass or shad didn't survive...

Well yesterday(about 3 weeks after all of this) just for fun I threw in a chatterbait (same bait I caught almost all the bass on before)

One took the bait...here she is...and looks like she's been feeding on shiners and full of eggs.

Last edited by 3z3k3l; 03/03/16 02:57 PM.