Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Ignore any snickers. That's what I do and then.....I take a big bite of an Almond Joy!

Update for me....I took my sis and bride to breakfast this morning. Place has an 8 foot bloody mary bar for 6 bucks! Awesome! Bought breakfast and my sis said she would pay the tip. I told her she could buy my fish on the way home. Stopped by the pet store and picked up 5 more RRs (guy gave me 2 extra so I got 7 smile ). Cost her 62 cents. Now I have 12 RRs....Is that a snicker I hear???? smile

Not at all Bill, I think it's way cool! 1RR at a time smile

The problem these days with baitfish is you don't really know the journey they took to get to you.

I suspect the Emeralds were wild caught in Lake Erie or Lake Huron. Big bait place down by Detroit that scoops them up and tosses them into holding tanks. Then, they get put on a truck destined for larger distributors, which in turn toss them into another holding tank for whatever time. Then, they get packed up on another truck for delivery to a retail outlet, like a bait shop. How long they are at the bait shop in yet another holding tank is determined by how many people buy them. From talking to people, they only get deliveries once a week, so these little fish are probably quite stressed.

Water quality in the Emerald tank is really good, but the smaller ones are loosing the battle. Plucked one out last night that had it's belly eaten out. Typical of larger Emeralds ganging up on the weak.