Originally Posted By: sprkplug
JKB, those are old Otis controllers from the sixties. That's the cool part...I get to experience the relay logic stuff, and the latest and greatest static units. Many of the older units are scheduled for mod. I'll try and get a shot of a new unit, but have 40 hours of OSHA training next week, and Arc flash, confined space, and respirator after that.

Speaking of antique controls, here's something you don't see every day.

That's a rotary drum sequencer. Kinda like one of those old player pianos that plays the same song over and over, or if you ever had one of those crank type Jack In The Box... you get the idea.

This is on a Zinc plating line that's been running automotive parts forever.

Well, after 44 years of production, the big sequencer took a dump, and well, they don't make them any more.

If the budget get's approved, I'll be replacing that and all the relays with a PLC and HMI (Graphics Touch Screen).

Basically, this is set up to run the same sequence over and over, but with the touch of a button on the HMI, they can setup infinite sequences.

This has 10 stations on the line, so think of it as a 10 story horizontal elevator that has a sequence going up (left) and down (right).

For a panel built in 1972 and couple that with this is in a plating factory, it's pretty darn clean!!! (on the inside wink )