I wouldn't get in a hurry. I am assuming from the pics that the suspended soils have gone to the bottom.

You need a good planktonic base(zoo and phyto) before stocking. And a lot of East Texas Ponds(pine tree country) lack the fertility you need to get that base. Step one, for me, would be to do a sechi disk test. If you can see over about 24 inches, the phyto isn't there yet. You may need to fertilize and maybe lime prior to fertilization.

Give it about a month and then send a water sample to TAMU for testing. That will tell you the natural fertility of the soils/water. Another indicator are local cattle and hay raisers. Do they have to lime and fertilize their grasses?

OTOH, fathead minnows can live in a nuclear waste dump. But their eggs and fry can't make it in sterile water. You want fatheads to do their job and reproduce.

Like Tracy said, stocking is expensive. However, it will turn out to be the cheapest part of the process.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP