Brian, the Tilapia stocking was interesting to say the least. here is some of the story. While discussing pond stocking with Todd @ Overtons Fishery, I asked about the Tp and this is where he made the recommendation to stock only 5 lbs and explained it as plenty since there were not predators in the pond. As it turned out, I think he hit the nail on the head. These 5 lbs of 6" Tp produced schools of fish, some of them grew to 12+ inches and like Rainman said, 1.5 lbs. Some colored with bright red tails. As the Tp reproduced and grew, they became feeder hogs and no matter how much food was thrown, they would take it all but I would see some cnbg in the mix when the TH feeders went off. When using minnow traps, there would always be a few Tp fingerlings in the traps, and I would see that in fact, reproduction was going on. As I watched the schools of Tp grow in numbers, and looking closely at the size of these fishes, I noticed that I did not see many in the 2 to 4" size. I would see them in the 4+ size and larger. I am sure that the lmb were growing and eating the 3 to 4" Tp. And I learned to cast a nymph fly into the schools when the feeder went off and was always guaranteed a fish when I did it. The other thing I learned was the Tp may be the best eating fish I have ever eaten and I have eaten a lot of fish in my life. One more thing before I end this, is next year, if the same thing goes on @ the feeders, I am going to throw a cast net and put more of the great eating fish in the freezer for eating.

Tracy

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy