Originally Posted By: BrianL
Patience has never been one of my stronger characteristics grin . But I'll try........... For a little while... Or as long as possible...

Really with the BG I'm not in a huge rush on the LMB or HSB, but wouldn't the bigger BG be a threat to the LMB fingerlings?

BrianL, congrats on your pond, it has a nice look to it, a place to enjoy life and family (pets included) smile
In my case, my patience can run short when I set my goals. It's just the way I was made. Sometimes that's good, sometimes bad. I can tell you this, the guys here have given you some really good advice and one should give great thought to the recommendations that have been made to you here. I can speak to only my experience of being a new pond owner. My 3.5 acre pond was completed in early Nov. 2014. With having only 1/3rd of my pond having water, I started my forage stocking in late November using a good number of FHM's (90 lbs) along with some good numbers of cnbg and res and a few TFS. I wanted fish in the
pond smile (lack of patience). I then waited till Late Feb. and added another 30 lbs of fhm's and some more res. By the first of April, there were fhm's everywhere by the thousands and spawning had been going on. And now my cnbg and res were spawning. I am loving it, Now I stock Tilapia, just a few, 24 (5") (5 lbs total) were added, reasoning was, to take the pressure off the cnbg and res at the time the lmb were to be added in June. And let me tell you this, Tilapia make a lot of babies !! And when added to a pond with no predators, they can really produce a lot of forage to the pond, and FA, that slimy green stuff that grows in the pond, you wont see that anymore. So, what am I saying? I am saying here in Texas it is possible to add forage and your predators can be added 6 to 7 months after your initial stocking. So, there are several ways to start up your fishery here in Texas, it just takes a goal and a game plan to get there.

Tracy

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy