yes, what are the goals? There are lots of threads and good debates about the proper time to add LMB. My bias is that since you worked so hard to create a beautiful pond, add structure, did everything in a premium fashion, that you also want premium stocking advice. That comes with understanding your main goal for the pond very well.

I think you will be happiest if you exercise GREAT CAUTION and GREAT Patience at this step. Most of the time the slow and steady, steady and slow with stocking is the best. That means FORAGE FIRST and predators last.

Many have advocated at least 2 years in a new pond before predators. The first year or two is dedicated to establishing forage base. In this scenario it is possible that small CNBG could be considered forage but it is better yet to think about forage diversity and give them plenty of time to establish.

When you try to add forage diversity later and you have big hungry mouths (adult BG and bass, HSB) the new forage lines can't survive after stocking.

Texas gives you the option of multiple forage species that we don't have access to up in the north.

If you had a year or more for FHM, GSH, shiners of other types (spottail, spotfin, etc) Dacers, etc etc. you really lay the foundation for your target fish to grow rapidly later.

Don't forget crayfish, (smaller stocker crayfish can be expensive snacks for larger stocked fish)

Don't forget scuds, freshwater shrimp, etc.

If you need help searching for certain types of forage for your area someone who is good with the archives 'm sure can help connect you with prior forum threads that discuss forage options.

I know it is hard to wait, especially with a gorgeous pond like yours, but think how exciting it will be to know that your pond will spend the next 18-24 months creating that ideal 'green water' microscopic life and expanding your micro-organisms and every other step of the forage base!

Last edited by canyoncreek; 01/26/16 02:56 PM.