Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Originally Posted By: Rainman

It's a lot more complicated than that. legally, in Indiana. A permit must be secured, and a quarterly report must be submitted to the state listing size, number and location/gps coordinates of all grass carp stocked within Indiana.....technically now, a permit must also be secured through the Indiana BOAH as well.....

The GC must also be individually blood tested and certified triploidy by a US Fish and Wildlife agent as well....

Does the burden fall upon you, the supplier, or me, the purchaser? I've never done anything other than contact the hatchery and place an order.

Burden is on the supplier and/or whomever hauls the fish except for supliers that have set something up with the INDNR and BOAH. Of course grass carp have to be delivered by the supplier.

When I purchased fish from a Michigan supplier he was set up by BOAH to sell fish to customers in Michigan and Indiana where the customer transferred then back to their ponds in oxygen bags. No responsibility to the purchaser but the receipt was your paper trail.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.