It's been awhile but here is a short update on my project. Pictured is test pond two. 1 full season and going into its second winter. No design tweaks and no maintenance done (except cleaning the diffuser). The designing and learning has been a most enjoyable journey and now nearing it's end.

I have relatively high design confidence... For remote locations, (no power available) small (less than 1/2 acre),shallow (6' max depth) ponds here in central MN, a solar aeration system like this can make raising fish viable and cost effective. With an initial start up budget of around $800-$900. Running expenses still are being learned but assuming a pump is replaced every two years and speed control every two years, around $125-$150 year.

Ironically enough, these systems have created some pretty cool fisheries(to me anyways). I have so much to loose now that I will be spending the money to run power and install a 220V aeration system as backup.....That and momma wants air conditioning at the cabin grin